By: Sharon Aron Baron
Women are invited to enroll in a rape prevention course presented by the City of Parkland along with the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Rape Aggression Defense – or RAD is a self-defense program for women taught primarily by female instructors. The course includes lecture, discussion and self-defense techniques suitable for women of all ages and abilities.
Held on Mondays on November 12, 19, 26 and December 3, 2018 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. Participants must attend all four sessions to complete the course. Classes are free, but space is limited, so contact BSO Parkland District at 954-753-5050 and mention RAD to sign up.
Class will be held at the Parkland Recreation and Enrichment Center at 10559 Trails End Parkland FL.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.01.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Climate Sustainability Club Holds Fundraiser
- News2021.01.213 Men Arrested for Loitering, Prowling, This Week in Parkland Crime
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.21Polsky and Grieco Refile Legislation to Ban Conversion Therapy on Minors