By Sharon Aron Baron
A single-vehicle crash killed a Coconut Creek man on Saturday afternoon in Deerfield Beach.
Shortly after noon on Jan. 30, Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives responded to Southwest 10th Street just west of Waterways Boulevard in Deerfield Beach.
Preliminary investigation reveals that a motorcycle driver, Liam Lexis Reyes, 28, was traveling westbound in the right turn only lane at a high rate of speed. As the roadway curved, Reyes drove off the road and onto the grass. Reyes was ejected from the motorcycle and came to rest against a nearby fence.
Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported Reyes to a nearby hospital, where he was pronounced deceased.
Evidence collected as part of the investigation reveals that two vehicles, including a white Dodge Charger, were directly behind the motorcycle in the moments before the crash.
Traffic homicide detectives would like to speak with the drivers of those vehicles as part of the crash investigation. If you have any information on this incident, contact BSO Traffic Homicide Detective Sherry Slagle-Grant at 954-321-4843 or, if you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.05.12Parkland Parents Weigh in on COVID-19 Vaccinations for Kids
- News2021.05.09Slots Still Open at Relay For Life ‘Swing Fore A Cure’ Golf Tournament on May 22
- News2021.05.07Suspects Burglarize 7 Vehicles in This Week’s Crime Update in Parkland
- News2021.05.05Parkland Vice Mayor Mayersohn Elected to Serve on Florida League of Cities Board of Directors