By Sharon Aron Baron
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates to residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through October 5.
Accidental Discharge of Firearm
5851 Holmberg Rd – Bell Parkland
On October 1, the resident attempted to unload a Springfield M1 rifle to clean inside the residence. After an accidental discharge, a bullet entered the living room wall. Check of neighboring apartments did not appear bullet entered neighboring apartments, was stopped by a firewall.
7500 block of NW 61st Ter – Mill Run
On September 30, BSO responded to a call of a deceased 74-year-old female who died of what appears to be natural causes. No signs of foul play were observed.
6000 block of NW 75th Way – Pine Tree Estates
On October 2, a woman advised that she had a domestic disturbance with her father about a package she ordered. The father said the package was ordered with his credit card without his permission and refused to give it to her. She stated she used her own money to purchase the package, but could not provide BSO proof.
9100 block of Ranch Rd – The Ranches
On September 8, reported on September 29, the complainant advised that she had received a harassing email from an unknown source demanding money. The email appears to be a scam. The incident was documented. No crime occurred.
6300 block of NW 63rd Way
On October 2, the resident advised a tire was left on his lawn and wanted a report issued.
More crime and safety on Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.07.29Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31
- News2021.07.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Holds Car Wash Fundraiser
- News2021.07.13North Springs Improvement District Drinking Water Undergoing Routine Chlorination July 15
- News2021.07.12Parkland BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet July 31