By: Sharon Aron Baron
Not only will The Greater Broward Chapter of The Pap Corps be searching for a cure, they’ll be searching for clues at their Scavenger Hunt fundraiser.
Held on Saturday, April 6, at 6:00 p.m., teams consisting of four to six people will go searching for clues at this fundraising event which will include a happy hour and dinner.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research is one of the largest, grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 21,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Since 1952, The Pap Corps has donated almost $60 million dollars.
The Greater Broward Chapter itself has contributed close to $200,000 since its inception. In 2010, the Greater Broward Chapter was started with approximately 20 members. During the past six years, membership has increased by more than 900% as the chapter expanded its membership to over 250 men and women in the Parkland/Coral Springs/Coconut Creek area. Current annual membership fees are $40.00 with additional opportunities to participate in annual fundraising events.
Tickets are $65 per person by March 31. Registrants will be placed on a team if they do not have one. To register go to www.thankyou4caring.org. Location details on registration.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.06Broward County Public Schools Official 2019/2020 Calendar
- News2019.06.28Florida League of Cities Recognizes Parkland Mayor as ‘Home Rule Hero’
- News2019.06.27Broward Commissioner Earns Advanced County Commissioner Designation