By Sharon Aron Baron
The Greater Broward Chapter of the Pap Corps is hosting its annual ‘Namaste Sunday, Yoga for the Cure’ event for cancer research.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research, is one of the largest all-volunteer fundraising organizations in South Florida, dedicated to supporting cancer research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Greater Broward Chapter includes members from Parkland, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Tamarac, and the greater Broward area.
Yoga for the Cure is on Sunday, February 11, from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the Pine Trails Amphitheater at 10561 Trails End. A $35 donation is required to participate in the event, and participants can RSVP in advance here.
The event starts with an hour-long session of yoga. Raffle tickets will also be sold to participants.
All levels of yogis are welcome. The Greater Broward Chapter asks that participants bring a yoga mat and water. For more information, click here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Educator Named Finalist for Career and Technical Education Teacher
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Lead the Fight at the American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life
- NewsFebruary 20, 2024Congregation Kol Tikvah in Parkland Announces a Weekend of Spiritual Upliftment with Danny Maseng
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Florida Prepaid College Cuts Prices After Low Tuition Increases