By Ryan Yousefi
Scholarship season is in full swing for high school seniors looking to secure financial support for their upcoming collegiate careers.
The City of Parkland has announced a series of scholarship to recognize and aid students who have demonstrated academic excellence, community service, and a passion for various interests, including the fine arts and mental health education.
Below are some of the highlights and requirements of each scholarship that are now accepting applications. Applications must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 9, 2024.
Community Advisory Board Scholarship
This scholarship is available to students with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher and who have completed at least 40 hours of community service. Interested students can access the application in PDF format on the city’s official website.
Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
In collaboration with the local Chamber of Commerce, this scholarship is offered to students maintaining a GPA of 2.5 or above. Applicants must be Parkland residents graduating from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in the current school year, with a keen interest in the fine arts, music, dance, sports, or JROTC.
Eaton Family Scholarship and Kennedy Legal Team Scholarship
These scholarships support students with a strong passion for the fine arts, music, dance, sports, or JROTC, along with academic proficiency.
Interested students can access the application in PDF format on the city’s official website.
Mesa-Taylor Family Scholarship
This scholarship focuses on students interested in mental health and education alongside other areas, such as the fine arts and sports. It requires applicants to be Parkland residents and graduating seniors from Marjory Stoneman Douglas with a minimum GPA of 2.5.
For more information, visit the official scholarship information page here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 25, 2024Westglades Speech and Debate Team Take Home 28 Awards at Mast 6 Tournament
- NewsFebruary 23, 2024MSD Students Dance for a Cause at Annual Charity Marathon Benefiting the Children’s Miracle Network
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Deadline Approaching: Parkland Announces Scholarships for 2024 Seniors
- NewsFebruary 4, 2024Registration Now Open for the Parkland Buddy Sports Pickleball Invitational