By Sharon Aron Baron
A bill filed by Rep Christine Hunschofsky D-Parkland to create a statewide mental health commission unanimously passed the Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee on Friday.
“It is time to recognize that this makeshift system with numerous providers, conflicting laws, and hodge-podge policies needs to be re-evaluated at the highest level,” said Rep Hunschofsky.
The commission, recommended in the Third Interim Report of the 20th Statewide Grand Jury, will be charged with evaluating Florida’s broken mental health assessment and delivery system and making much-needed recommendations.
HB1447 will evaluate the deficiencies and gaps in how various agencies provide mental health services and will be charged with making recommendations on how they can serve all Floridians more efficiently and more effectively.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.06.12Parkland Brings “Moana” to Free Movies in the Park Night
- News2021.06.09University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.09Parkland Resident and Co-Owner of Doris Italian Market Wins Triathlon
- News2021.06.05Girl Scouts Thank the Community in the Most Generous Way: With Cookies