By Sharon Aron Baron
A bill filed by Rep Christine Hunschofsky D-Parkland to create a statewide mental health commission unanimously passed the Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee on Friday.
“It is time to recognize that this makeshift system with numerous providers, conflicting laws, and hodge-podge policies needs to be re-evaluated at the highest level,” said Rep Hunschofsky.
The commission, recommended in the Third Interim Report of the 20th Statewide Grand Jury, will be charged with evaluating Florida’s broken mental health assessment and delivery system and making much-needed recommendations.
HB1447 will evaluate the deficiencies and gaps in how various agencies provide mental health services and will be charged with making recommendations on how they can serve all Floridians more efficiently and more effectively.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development