By: Matt Rothman
It was an incredible day for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys golf team, who won the Big Eight Championship on Monday.
The Eagles competed at the Country Club of Coral Springs against seven other schools, including St. Thomas Aquinas, St Thomas, Western, Pembroke Pines Charter, Cypress Bay, Cardinal Gibbons, Pompano Beach, and Nova High School.
“We played really well as a team today,” said Head Coach Ernie Rospierski. “Nobody got down on themselves. If they had a bad hole, they bounced back.
Andres Barraza led the way for MSD, who recorded a (-5) 66 to lead the tournament. T.J. Thompson shot under par as well with a 70, while Devan Chahal had the third-best score individually with a 72.
Also, Ryan Shimony recorded a 74, followed by Dylan Marrone, who shot a 75 for a team score of 282.
Rospierski said, “When a 75 is the highest score, your team is playing some darn good golf.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win
- News2022.01.213 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Shine During MLK Holiday Weekend
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick