By: Matt Rothman
It’s been one incredible start to the season for Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys golf.
The Eagles are currently 4-1 following their latest match against Spanish River Community High School on Tuesday. So far, MSD has a pair of wins over St. Thomas Aquinas and victories over Cardinal Gibbons and Cypress Bay High School.
Head Coach Ernie Rospierski said that the team has so much talent that it is hard to pick his top-five golfers for matches.
“The biggest thing going forward with the team is working on short game,” said Coach Rospierski. “We got a really competitive team, and I want to be able to go far with them.”
Leading the way has been T.J. Thompson (son of former MSD Principal Ty Thompson), who shot a school record 31 in his first appearance of the year. He also posted rounds with a score of 35 and 36.
The Eagles have five other players that average a score of 40 or better. Andres Barraza has shot a pair of 36’s, and 37’s this season, while Dylan Marrone’s recorded a 36 at Davie Golf Club.
Devan Chahal has only played three rounds but recorded scores of 44, 37, and 36. Ryan Simony and Jayden Thuraisingham are each averaging roughly five over this year.
Up next, the Eagles will be back on the course on Monday, October 4th, at the Maverick Tournament in Pembroke Pines.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.19Westglades Middle School Girls Golf Team Wins MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Advances to District Championship
- News2021.10.18Westglades Middle School Scores Girls Soccer Scores 8 Goals to Win MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Team Wins Playoff Opener