By: Matt Rothman
Playing in their first game in over a month, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys soccer team picked up a win on Senior Night over Nova High School.
The Eagles won 8-0, as Bruno DeFalco, Igor Fronseca, Geordan Yuan, Gabriel Gersberg, Lucas Balaban, and Tyler Koon (not in attendance) were all honored before the game.
“I was extremely happy for the seniors on getting the win,” said Head Coach Christian Chacon. “We still have more home games, but I was happy with how they played out of the break with only one day of training.”
The Eagles received four of their goals from seniors as Gersberg recorded a pair and one from both Balaban and Yuan. Tomar Yair, Robbie Alhadeff, and Joaquin Gonzalez combined to score the other four.
The win was the Eagles’ sixth of the season in seven games as they had previously defeated Fort Lauderdale, Monarch, Pembroke Pines Charter, J.P. Taravella, and Western High School. MSD has also outscored their opponents 29-1 in their six wins this year.
Next, the Eagles will have another week without a game and will return to the field on Tuesday, January 11, for a District Game against Coral Glades. These two teams last met in the District Championship, where MSD won overtime on a goal from Cole Irmi.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.213 Parkland Travel Soccer Teams Shine During MLK Holiday Weekend
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Star Offensive Lineman Aris Skarecki Makes College Pick
- News2022.01.20Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Teams Wins 2nd Coral Springs Dual Tournament This Season
- News2022.01.163 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Invited to Broward-Palm Beach All-Star Game