By; Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas completed their first week of the season with a pair of wins to move to 2-0 this year.
The Eagles defeated Fort Lauderdale High School 6-0 in their first game on Monday before defeating Monarch 2-0 on Wednesday. Juan Diaz and Tomer Yair each recorded goals.
Gabriel Gersberg picked up an assist while Bryan DeFalco recorded six saves to earn the shutout on Wednesday.
The Eagles are coming off a season where they went 8-4 and advanced to Regionals after winning the District Championship.
“I was happy with the win, but there is definitely still room to improve,” said Head Coach Christian Chacon. “We have to be better organized and have a tough game coming up.”
Next, MSD will host Cypress Bay High School on Tuesday, November 16 at 6 p.m. the Lightning are 2-0 and have outscored their opponents 17-0 in their two victories.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Team Wins 1st Tournament
- News2021.12.07Parkland Pokers Baseball Team 13U Wins 2nd Championship in 4 Weeks
- News2021.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Wins 1st Game of Season
- News2021.12.06Former MLB Champion Juan Pierre Set to Coach Parkland Pokers 10U