By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys soccer team advanced to the Regional Semifinals following their incredible come-from-behind victory over Park Vista Community High School.
The Eagles trailed 2-0 heading into the final 20 minutes of the game but scored three unanswered goals to pull out the stunning victory.
Daniel Linares scored the opening goal while Cole Irimi tied the game up at two. Max Weston then scored the game-winner late in the second half for the victory.
Head Coach Christian Chacon thought getting that first goal got the team a bit more motivated to help them come back.
“It feels great, especially to come back from 2-0,” Chacon said. “We just said let’s go for it and move forward regardless of what the score was, and we did it.”
This win comes after MSD earned three victories in the District Tournament, where they beat Coral Glades in the championship. This is also the team’s eighth win of the year after starting the season out 0-2.
Up next, MSD will face the winner of Spanish River and Coral Glades in the Regional Semifinals. The date and time of the game have yet to be determined.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Seals No-Hitter Win in Home-Opener
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Begins Season With Win Under New Coach
- NewsFebruary 22, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Marks Historic Day with 6 Athletes Signing College Commitments
- NewsFebruary 21, 2024Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Opening Night Win; Former State Champs Impress