By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys soccer team advanced to the Regional Semifinals following their incredible come-from-behind victory over Park Vista Community High School.
The Eagles trailed 2-0 heading into the final 20 minutes of the game but scored three unanswered goals to pull out the stunning victory.
Daniel Linares scored the opening goal while Cole Irimi tied the game up at two. Max Weston then scored the game-winner late in the second half for the victory.
Head Coach Christian Chacon thought getting that first goal got the team a bit more motivated to help them come back.
“It feels great, especially to come back from 2-0,” Chacon said. “We just said let’s go for it and move forward regardless of what the score was, and we did it.”
This win comes after MSD earned three victories in the District Tournament, where they beat Coral Glades in the championship. This is also the team’s eighth win of the year after starting the season out 0-2.
Up next, MSD will face the winner of Spanish River and Coral Glades in the Regional Semifinals. The date and time of the game have yet to be determined.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals