By: Matt Rothman
After dropping their first game of the season, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas soccer team picked up back-to-back wins to move to 2-1 this year.
The Eagles started the week off with an impressive 9-1 win over Pompano Beach High School on Monday. They followed that up with a 1-0 win over Western High School after falling in their first game against Monarch High School.
MSD is coming off a season where they went 8-4-1. They reached the District Semifinals but were beaten by Coral Glades in penalty kicks.
Their team consists of Tomer Yair, Joaquin Gonzalez, Maurico Jimenez, Jose Inojosa, Elan Jan Saranga, Jose Gabache, Robbie Alhadeff, Victor Batista, Jayveer Selvaraj, Henrique Smith, Coby Alhadeff, Daniel Tiplea, Alex Arbulu, Andrew MacBride, Alessandro Rocha, Jonah Burke, Soren Chris Jacobson, Juan Penaranda, Keanu Nguyen, Shadi Buchanan and Robert Hugus.
Next, MSD will have two weeks off for the holiday before they face Fort Lauderdale High School on Nov. 29. The Flying L’s are 1-0-1 this year with a win over Cooper City High School and a tie against Everglades High School. In their lone meeting last year, MSD picked up a 6-0 win.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.182 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Place Third in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Water Polo Closes Regular Season With Senior Night
- News2023.03.17MSD Graduate Jesus Luzardo Records Win for Team Venezuela in World Baseball Classic
- News2023.03.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Basketball Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game