By: Matt Rothman
It was a terrific season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys volleyball team, but it came to an end one game short of the Regional Final.
The Eagles fell to Boca Rotan Community High School 3-0, as the Bobcats have only dropped one match all season. MSD nearly won the first set but fell 26-24, then 25-14 before losing the third set, 25-22.
For MSD, their season comes to a close after going 6-4. They did, though, have one of those wins come in the District a championship against J.P. Taravella. They also had defeated Coconut Creek, MacArthur, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Monarch this season.
Despite having five underclassmen, the Eagles will have Nicco Anselmo and Gustavo Bustamante play their last matches with MSD as the two are set to graduate this spring.
Captains Santiago Gerardi and Thomas Heffner both return next year as the two combined lead the team in kills. Also, juniors Ricardo Mendonca, Eric Hengber, and Aurthur Amador all have one year left after seeing plenty of playing time this season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.23Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Earns Massive Win on the Road
- News2021.10.21Westglades Middle School Boys Golf Places 4th in MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.21Westglades Middle School Boys Soccer Wraps Up 2021 Season Under Alumnus
- News2021.10.21Marjory Stoneman Douglas Teams Perform Well In BCAA Swim Meets