By Jill Fox
Somerset Parkland Academy is paving its future by honoring the founders of the school with a brick-selling fundraiser.
Created by Somerset’s parent organization, Very Involved Parkland Parents (VIPP), The Founder’s Club is open to families enrolled in the school’s 2020-2021 inaugural year.
For a one-time purchase of a brick, each family will be enrolled in the club, and their name will be on display for future students and parents to see.
At the back entrance to Somerset, next to the playground, will sit the large walkway to honor them.
One hundred percent of the net proceeds will go towards the outside activity area, which will ultimately include a playground, basketball courts, and a turf field.
Bricks can be purchased in two different sizes and can include a child’s name and the year, a family’s last name, or the names of siblings and the year. To date, 73 bricks have been sold.
“The parents have been amazing,” said Knight. “We are so thankful for all the families, students, teachers, and staff that made this first year so successful.”
For more information, contact Jennifer Knight.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.08.04City Selects Lt. Craig Calavetta As New BSO Parkland District Chief
- News2021.08.04Parkland Residents Host First Local Wine And Food Festival
- News2021.08.04Parkland Mah Jongg Players Meet For 2 Summer Gatherings
- News2021.08.03Parkland Principals, Interim Superintendent Address Parents on August 9