By: Matt Rothman
After falling in their first two matches, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys volleyball team picked up their first win of the season on Friday.
The Eagles defeated Deerfield Beach High School 25-14, 25-16, 25-23 after falling in their first match against Cardinal Gibbons and Charles W. Flanagan High School.
MSD is coming off a season in 2021 when they went 5-3 in the regular season and defeated Coral Springs High School in the postseason. They lost to Boca Raton Community High School in the District Final.
Next, the Eagles will play South Broward High School on Wednesday, March 16 at 4:30 p.m. before playing Northeast High School on March 17 at 4:30 p.m. Those two teams are 2-1 so far this season.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch
- News2022.05.11Sammy Fisher Recognized With Conference Awards After Freshman Season With Elon Lacrosse
- News2022.05.10Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Makes Their Mark at Regionals
- News2022.05.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Rallies Back to Win District Championship