By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys basketball Head Coach Teddy Lyons and Assistant Coach Jason Sucharichi had the opportunity to lead the North team in the Broward County Athletics Association All-Star Game for a win on Thursday.
Coach Lyons, Sean Sucharichi, Diego Rodriguez, Wesley Aurelus, and Coach Sucharichi all competed in the game for the boys, while Leah Dubreuze played in the girl’s game. Coach Lyons called it an excellent experience, and his only regret was that he couldn’t have all five of his seniors in the game.
“It was a great experience, and we all had a great time with all the players from each school, Coach Lyons said. “Other than working as hard as you can, one of the hardest parts is saying goodbye to good kids.”
Sean and Rodriguez combined to score 27 points per game, while Aurelius averaged a double-double this year with ten points and ten assists. In over a decade, the Eagles are coming off one of their nest seasons. They went 17-3 in the regular season before they fell in the District Playoffs.
Dubreuze was a part of the girl’s team that went 7-8 in the 2021-22 season. All four are set to graduate in the Spring and hope to have a chance to compete in college. Coach Lyons is confident that Sean, Rodriguez, and Aurelius can play in college and seniors Brandon GoPaul and Vitor Tavares.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Regionals Championship Behind Clemente’s 3 Run Homer
- News2022.05.172 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Players Make Their Commitment Official
- News2022.05.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Kyanne Meredith Ties Personal Best in State Championships
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch