By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas cross country team connoted their incredible season, with the girls team finishing second in the District Championship at Markham Park.
They were 19 points behind Western for first place, with Ella Schwartz in third place overall at 21:38.05. Caroline Schwartz finished in 12th place, with Sparta Koumoutsakis and Olympia Koumoutsakis placed in the top 20. Morgan Melchiorri, Cecilia Gaga, Sofia Schorer-Kaplan, Noa Nierman, and Rebecca Bridger raced for the girls team.
The boys team came in eighth place, with Coby Alhadeff recording the top time for MSD, placing 35th at 19:15.76. Matthew Rosenberg finished 41st, followed by Kyle Pan, Caleb Walker, Joseph Cardinale, Matthew Nason, and Veer Kapoor.
Next, MSD will compete in Regionals on Thursday, November 9.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win