By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas cross country boys and girls team finished in first place during their week five meet at Quiet Waters Park on Wednesday.
The boys top time came from Coby Alhadeff, who finished first individually at 18:30.
“Winners stay winners, and losers stay losers,” Alhadeff said. “That’s where I am at, and I’ll be right back.”
Matthew Rosenberg placed third, while Caleb Walker came in the top ten. Kyle Pan and Joseph Cardinale came in 13th and 15th, respectively, with Miguel Martinez, Matthew Nason, Veer Kapoor, Joseph Farabaugh, Nicholas Perez, Alexander Holmes, Vasco Velarde, Noah Seid, Owen Sarrazit, Jared Eggener, James Mills and Jacob Raider all competed.
Ella Schwartz came in first place for the girls at 21:08.3, with Carolina Schwartz coming in fourth. Olympia Koumoutsakis, Sparta Koumoutsakis, and Esther Bang all finished with nearly identical times to go in the top ten. Esther Bang, MorMorgan Melchiorri, Rebecca Bridger, Noa Nierman, Grace MacKenzie, Mikayla Ryan, Jada Pfingsten, Sofia Schorer Kaplan, Ariana Shahheidari, Ella Pecaut, Riley Anders and Elana Kurman all contributed to the win.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win