By: Sharon Aron Baron
Join the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Drama department for their production of the Tony Award-winning musical Fiddler on the Roof.
Fiddler on the Roof takes place in Russia the early 1900’s where Tevye, a Jewish milkman, sees his three eldest daughters married, each one moving further from their traditional ways. Along with this, he must cope with the growing anti-Jewish sentiment in his country.
The original Broadway production of the show, which opened in 1964, was the first musical in history to surpass 3,000 performances. Fiddler on the Roof held the record for the longest-running Broadway musical for almost 10 years until Grease surpassed its run. It remains Broadway’s sixteenth longest-running show in history.
Performed by the Marjory Stoneman Douglas Drama Department, Fiddler on the Roof stars Alex Wind as Tevye; Sawyer Garitty as Golde; Sofie Whitney as Tzietel; and Bailey Feuerman as Yente.
The show will be for three nights only: November 2 – 4 at 7 p.m. Tickets online now, at douglashigh.seatyourself.biz $8 for students $13 for adults.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas is located at 5901 Pine Island Rd Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.20Next Parkland Farmers’ Market Features Public Safety and 90 Vendors
- News2022.01.19Sheriff Tony Attends Parkland’s MLK Day Celebration
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton