By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls golf competed in the Broward County Athletic Association Big Eight Championship on Monday, coming in second place at the Country Club of Coral Springs.
Competing against Cardinal Gibbons, Cypress Bay, Pompano Beach, and Western High School, the Eagles finished 35 shots back of St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
The team recorded a score of 338, highlighted by a terrific round from Cynthia Liu at +5 (76). Cassidy Charles, 83, while Ella Mamane recorded 88.
MSD had two other girls participate in Madison Lenard and Giana Ramos. Lenard finished with a 91, and Ramos had a 92.
“I’m proud of how they’re identifying weaknesses in their game and actively trying to improve,” said Head Coach Devin Schaller. “I want to improve persevering through difficult rounds and making sure we’re making every stroke count.”
On Tuesday, the Eagles were back on the course again and defeated American Heritage High School by two strokes. Liu led the team with a 37 in the nine-hole match while Ramos shot a 39.
MSD also had Mamane register a 41, with both Lenard and Alvarez shooing a 43 while Charles recorded a 47.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.19Westglades Middle School Girls Golf Team Wins MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.19Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Advances to District Championship
- News2021.10.18Westglades Middle School Scores Girls Soccer Scores 8 Goals to Win MSAA Championship
- News2021.10.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Team Wins Playoff Opener