By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s lacrosse team could not have started their season off better after their 20-0 win over John I. Leonard High School.
Leading the team this season are three college recruits: Chantal Jimenez, who will play at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, juniors Lauren Figas, who has verbally committed to the University of Louisville, and Sammy Fisher, with Elon University.
A season ago, MSD went 16-5 but fell to Pine Crest to end their season after their District Championship.
Up next, the Eagles will travel to Spanish River High School in Boca Raton on Friday, February 21, at 6 p.m. and will return home to Parkland on February 24 at 5:00 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended