By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s lacrosse team could not have started their season off better after their 20-0 win over John I. Leonard High School.
Leading the team this season are three college recruits: Chantal Jimenez, who will play at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, juniors Lauren Figas, who has verbally committed to the University of Louisville, and Sammy Fisher, with Elon University.
A season ago, MSD went 16-5 but fell to Pine Crest to end their season after their District Championship.
Up next, the Eagles will travel to Spanish River High School in Boca Raton on Friday, February 21, at 6 p.m. and will return home to Parkland on February 24 at 5:00 p.m.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.03.22Frais Becomes First Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestler to Place at States since 2011
- Schools2020.03.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s and Girl’s Tennis Making a Positive Impact for the Community
- News2020.03.11Lujo Hits Walk-Off in Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Baseball Victory
- News2020.03.11Figas Continues to Shine Helping Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girl’s Lacrosse to 7-0 Start