By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boy’s lacrosse team moved to 1-0 on the season following their dominating 16-0 win over Coral Glades High School Tuesday night.
Senior Captain Nick Dibitetto had a terrific game. He showed his leadership on the field, at the face-off X, and with his goals scored.
Sophomore Ryan Deck scored his first career varsity goal in what Head Coach Neil McAdorey called an excellent win to start the season.
“We are a very young team, but our program has a great past and strong traditions,” McAdorey said. “We look forward to living up to the expectations that we are setting for ourselves, as we seek to go further into district and regional play.”
The Eagles are coming off a season where they went 9-7 and fell in the District Semifinals.
Up next, they will be facing JP Taravella High School in Parkland on Thursday, February 20, at 5 p.m.
These teams met last season with MSD winning 18-1. Taravella lost their only game this season against West Broward High School 24-11 Tuesday night.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.07.08MSD Grad and Oakland A’s Pitcher Tests Positive for COVID-19
- Schools2020.07.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Grad Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.12Marjory Stoneman Douglas Prodigy Coby Mayo Drafted by the Major Leagues
- Schools2020.06.01New Coach Steers Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Volleyball in Right Direction Before Shutdown