By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boy’s lacrosse team moved to 1-0 on the season following their dominating 16-0 win over Coral Glades High School Tuesday night.
Senior Captain Nick Dibitetto had a terrific game. He showed his leadership on the field, at the face-off X, and with his goals scored.
Sophomore Ryan Deck scored his first career varsity goal in what Head Coach Neil McAdorey called an excellent win to start the season.
“We are a very young team, but our program has a great past and strong traditions,” McAdorey said. “We look forward to living up to the expectations that we are setting for ourselves, as we seek to go further into district and regional play.”
The Eagles are coming off a season where they went 9-7 and fell in the District Semifinals.
Up next, they will be facing JP Taravella High School in Parkland on Thursday, February 20, at 5 p.m.
These teams met last season with MSD winning 18-1. Taravella lost their only game this season against West Broward High School 24-11 Tuesday night.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 8, 20233 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Original Florida Pokers Set to Hold Tryouts December 9-10
- NewsDecember 4, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Battalion Wins Another State Championship
- NewsDecember 3, 20232 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Coaches Receive National Awards