By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girl’s soccer team picked up a dominating 6-1 win over Coral Springs High School on Monday night to advance to the District Finals.
The Eagles scored three goals in both the first and second half and were led by Krystina Masihy third hat-trick of the season. Chloe Rodgers, Francesca Lozano, and Katelyn Gomez scored the other three goals as the Eagles move to 9-4-2 on the season.
“It was a great team effort,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree. “We knocked the ball around nicely tonight and scored some nice goals.”
With the win, MSD will face Coral Glades in the District Final on Wednesday, February 5, at 6 p.m. These two teams met earlier this season with the Eagles winning 5-0.
They won the district tournament last season and hope to make a run into Regionals this year if they win their next game.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College
- News2021.01.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Begin 2021 Season Under Coach Carter
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Start 2021 with Back to Back Wins
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Start Season 2-0