By Matt Rothman
Despite only winning three matches in the regular season, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls volleyball team is only one victory away from another District Championship.
The Eagles, who fell to Coral Glades High School for the first time in school history earlier this year, got their revenge with a win over the Jaguar Tuesday afternoon. MSD previously beat Deerfield Beach High School in the opening round on Monday.
Next, MSD will take on West Boca Raton Community High School in the Final on Thursday, October 21 at 6 p.m. The Bulls come in with a record of 10-14 and defeated J.P. Taravella High School in the semifinals.
For Coral Glades, it was one of their best seasons in school history after winning 13 matches. They had previously won 15 in 2019 but had a terrific season under first-year Head Coach Katlin Ledbetter.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 8, 20233 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Original Florida Pokers Set to Hold Tryouts December 9-10
- NewsDecember 4, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Battalion Wins Another State Championship
- NewsDecember 3, 20232 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Coaches Receive National Awards