By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas hockey season is officially underway, with the Eagles recording their first win against St. Thomas Aquinas High School on October 14.
Ethan Blansky, Ethan Pakhomov, and Zach Brill all scored goals in the team’s 3-2 victory. The Eagles started the season facing the reigning two-time State Champions in North Broward Prep and fell 6-2. They also played against Spanish River Community High School on Monday and tied 4-4. Colton scored a pair of goals, while Adam Shelowitz and Slater Szirovatka scored one.
MSD will continue their season this weekend with games on Friday, October 27, and Sunday, October 29.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win