By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys bowling team is officially headed to the State Championship following their second-place finish in the District Championship.
This is the first time in school history that the Eagles are advancing states as a team, led by Angelo Ferringo. He finished in second place overall and had a three-game score of 673. Collin Oliphant came in second on the team with a 607, while Vincent Ciullo recorded a 603. Jonathon Rios and Giovanni Picasso combined for a three-round score of 445. MSD is set to compete in States in Orlando from October 31 – November 2 at the Boardwalk Bowl in Orlando.
The girls team finished with a score of 1,237, with Elizabeth Ferringo, Jessica Lee, Jenny Baksh, and Kristina Lee to finish eighth.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win