By: Matt Rothman
In a very tough year due to COVID-19, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas softball team still had a terrific run with a 7-5 playoff win.
Their biggest win came against Santaluces High School to advance to the District Semifinal before they fell to Spanish River Community High School.
In the regular season, MSD had an impressive 2-1 win over Cypress Bay High School. They also defeated Deerfield Beach, Coral Springs High School, St. Thomas Aquinas, Monarch, and J.P. Taravella, mainly on terrific pitching performances from Jessie Maggee and Julie Van Arsdale.
The two seniors combined to make 15 appearances and struck out 67 hitters RBI’s year. Offensively, they both hit over .300 and were key contributors along with Victoria Diaz, Olivia Alvarez, Evelyn Patton, and Katie Pecaut at the plate.
Pecaut, along with Maggee, and Van Arsdale, are set to graduate. However, MSD’s team consisted of nine freshmen and four sophomores who should all be back next year.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Storms Back Late to Advance to Regional Final
- News2021.05.13Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys and Girls Golf Win Broward County Championship
- News2021.05.09Marjory Stoneman Douglas Track and Field Team Shines at States
- News2021.05.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Combines For No-Hitter in Regionals