By: Matt Rothman
MSD is coming off a fantastic season where they reached the District Finals, then had the opportunity to play in a Regional game where they ultimately lost to West Broward High School.
In the team’s second game of the season, Sam Diaz pitched a complete-game shutout. It was the second time this season where she went the distance, doing so in their opening day loss to South Plantation High School.
MSD’s only run in the win last Thursday came on an error and the team scored two runs in their opening two games.
However, they were able to generate some offense in their game on Monday in Parkland but fell 6-5 against Coral Glades. The Eagles had the bases loaded, and nobody out, but left the bags full.
Even with the 1-2 start, Head Coach Brian Staubly remains exceptionally confident with his team, including his pitching.
“We have a strong defense and solid pitching,” said Staubly. “We should be able to compete with anybody in our district and region.”
It will not be easy, though, as MSD plays an extremely tough schedule throughout the year and will face Deerfield Beach at home in their next game on Tuesday, March 3, at 6:30 p.m. under the lights.
Following that, they will play their next two games on the road before coming home for a matchup with their biggest rivals in Coral Springs High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.09.18MSD Mid-Season Boys and Girls Bowling Recaps
- News2021.09.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas and Coral Glades Compete in Swim Meet With Cypress Bay
- News2021.09.16Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wide Receiver Hervin Louis Selected to All-Star Game
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Leads Before Game was Suspended