By: Matt Rothman
MSD is coming off a fantastic season where they reached the District Finals, then had the opportunity to play in a Regional game where they ultimately lost to West Broward High School.
In the team’s second game of the season, Sam Diaz pitched a complete-game shutout. It was the second time this season where she went the distance, doing so in their opening day loss to South Plantation High School.
MSD’s only run in the win last Thursday came on an error and the team scored two runs in their opening two games.
However, they were able to generate some offense in their game on Monday in Parkland but fell 6-5 against Coral Glades. The Eagles had the bases loaded, and nobody out, but left the bags full.
Even with the 1-2 start, Head Coach Brian Staubly remains exceptionally confident with his team, including his pitching.
“We have a strong defense and solid pitching,” said Staubly. “We should be able to compete with anybody in our district and region.”
It will not be easy, though, as MSD plays an extremely tough schedule throughout the year and will face Deerfield Beach at home in their next game on Tuesday, March 3, at 6:30 p.m. under the lights.
Following that, they will play their next two games on the road before coming home for a matchup with their biggest rivals in Coral Springs High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor's degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2021.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Defensive End Nick Dobbs Commits to College
- News2021.01.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Begin 2021 Season Under Coach Carter
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Start 2021 with Back to Back Wins
- News2021.01.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Start Season 2-0