By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas softball team picked up their biggest win of the season with a victory over Park Vista Community High School on Thursday.
The Cobras came in ranked fourth in the state and had been 5-0 this year before falling to the Eagles.
“The girls played great in all aspects of the game,” said Head Coach Brian Staubly. “Great pitching and defense. We had clutch hitting in the first three innings of the game. We have played really well the last four games against some of the best teams in the state.”
Jesyne Espinal pitched a complete game, allowed only one run, and struck out eight. Olivia Alvarez knocked in a run in the first, but Park Vista responded to even the score. Then in the third, Alvarez had another RBI hit before Isabella Silva singled home a run. Kayleigh Cuccia also had two hits and scored a pair of runs.
MSD is now 4-2 and will play Western High School in their next game on Wednesday, March 15, at 5:30 p.m. The Wildcats are 5-2, with their losses against Coral Springs Charter and Spanish River Community High School. Western won 6-2 in the only meeting last season.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here. Don’t miss reading Parkland Talk, Tamarac Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.182 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Place Third in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Water Polo Closes Regular Season With Senior Night
- News2023.03.17MSD Graduate Jesus Luzardo Records Win for Team Venezuela in World Baseball Classic
- News2023.03.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Basketball Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game