By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas shined again in Regionals and will send ten swimmers to the State Championship.
The boys’ team qualified in their Boys 4 X 100 Freestyle Relay with Miguel Kocoglu, Frank Etchevers, Joshua Park, and Lorenzo Herek. Individually, Herek qualified in the 50-yard Freestyle and 100-yard backstroke. Alexander Nichols, Max Gregory, Kocoglu, Ethchevers, and Joshua Park competed individually despite not advancing.
The girls’ 200-yard medley relay with Carolyn Powell, Valeria Anzures, Sophia El-Chantiry, and Payton Ward qualified along with Anna Rosa, Daniella Balkcom, Payton Ward, and Carolyn Powell in the 4 X 100-yard freestyle relay. Powell will also race in States after qualifying in the 100-yard backstroke.
Viviana Fernandez and Raquel Uittenbogaard-Vilas also had a fantastic season swimming in their final race of the season.
State Championships take place Saturday, November 5, in Stuart for the season’s final race.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.12.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Christian Rodriguez Awarded USA Baseball International Performance of the Year
- News2022.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball and Florida Pokers Donate to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- News2022.12.06Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Player Abbey HSU Wins Ivy League Conference Award
- News2022.12.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Finishes 4th in Opening Tournament