By: Matt Rothman
While the Eagles finished ninth as a team, Schwartz qualified individually after coming in 16th place with a time of 21.19.60.
“Ella ran a phenomenal race and the whole team is behind her and supporting her to represent us at states,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro.
Esther Bang, Morgan Melchiorri, Grace MacKenzie, Mikayla Ryan, Sofia Schorer Kaplan, and Michelle Hirn competed, with four runners finishing in the top 60 for the girls.
The boys’ team finished 13th, with Coby Alhadeff finishing 50th with a time of 18:23. Emery Jackson finished second, followed by Teyve Singh, Andres Abreu, and Quinn McCluskey.
“ I am so proud of everyone’s effort today, Mauro added. “We knew we would have to run our best races of the year to advance and we were within five places of our goal for the girls and everyone on the boys ran a personal best today!.”
Next, Schwartz will respect the Eagles at States on Saturday, Nov. 5, at Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.12.08Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Christian Rodriguez Awarded USA Baseball International Performance of the Year
- News2022.12.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball and Florida Pokers Donate to Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- News2022.12.06Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Player Abbey HSU Wins Ivy League Conference Award
- News2022.12.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Wrestling Finishes 4th in Opening Tournament