By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas swim team held Senior Night on Tuesday before their win in a meet over Coral Springs High School and Coral Springs Charter.
The Eagles defeated the Panthers 169-123 while beating the Colts 269-8, with seniors Jessica Lee, Daniella Balkcom, Viviana Fernandez, Valeria Anzures, Austin McClellan, Frank Etchevers, Joshua Guo, Nathan Didovic, Evan NG and Nicholas Lara being recognized.
“Senior night is one of my favorite meets of the year, coach David Berke said. “It’s amazing how much our seniors have grown season to season. They all stepped up and demonstrated the leadership skills that will serve each of them well in their next adventure.”
He also says that while it’s bittersweet to know my time as their coach and mentor has ended, Berke is excited for them as they build their future.
In the six relays between the body and girls teams, MSD won five of them. Xyen Walker, Mac George, and Joshua Guo all won individual relays for the boys, with Reese Balcom, Sophia El Chantiry, Lake, and Valeria Anzures winning for the girls.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win