By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas’s Jesus Luzardo made his postseason debut with the Miami Marlins.
A 2016 graduate from MSD, Luzardo, who won 23 games for the Eagles, pitched four innings, allowing three earned runs and striking out five despite picking up the loss in Game 1 of the Wild Card Series against the Philadelphia Phillies.
Earlier this year, Luzardo pitched in the World Baseball Classic. He then made 32 starts and finished with a record of 10-10. He also recorded his 200th strikeout in his final start against the New York Mets, who were eliminated by the Phillies in the postseason.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Face Coral Glades; Girls Basketball Begins Season
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Soccer Records 1st Win With Offensive Explosion
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Parkland Pokers 12U Baseball Team Set to Host Tryouts on Tuesday
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Opens Regular Season With Win