By: Matt Rothman
It has been a great season of water polo at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, with the boys and girls teams recording ten wins this year.
The boys went 9-4 and outscored their opponents 116-55 during their wins over Charles W Flanagan, Nova, Western, South Plantation, Cypress Bay, South Broward, Cardinal Gibbons High School, Pompano Beach, and Spanish River Community High School, where they honored their seniors Harjith Pradeep and Jonmarco Aponte were honored.
Justin Berke leads the team with 51 goals. Nathan Didovic recorded 25 goals, and Jacob Wilford had 23. Nicholas Lara finished fourth on the team with 10, while Austin McLennan-Scott, Blake Balkcom, Aponte, Pradeep, and Keith Bronson all scored as well.
The girls are 3-6 this year and beat Charles W. Flanagan, Western, and South Plantation High School. Despite dropping their last five games, they honored Anna Rosa and Alejandra Silva on Senior Night. Rosa also leads the team with 36 goals. Roni Lubarsky is second on the team with 15, while Elizabeth Shihman, Alessandra Silva, Vivianna Fernandez, Sienna Grayeli, and Kayleigh Didovic.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.182 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Place Third in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Water Polo Closes Regular Season With Senior Night
- News2023.03.17MSD Graduate Jesus Luzardo Records Win for Team Venezuela in World Baseball Classic
- News2023.03.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Basketball Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game