By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas had a pair of student-athletes finish third in the BCAA Track and Field Championship at Blanche Ely High School on Friday.
James Bronzwaig finished third for the boys’ team in the discus, while Kyanne Meredith came in third in the pole vault. Bronzwaig also shined for the Eagles with a fifth-place finish in the shot put and 15th in the javelin.
Vasean Fairnot also placed in the top ten in the shot put, with Emery Jackson, Jacob Hunter, and Caden Rounds all competing for the boys’ team, who placed 19th overall out of 32 Broward County teams.
Naomi Grisette had the second-best result for the girls’ team, coming in fifth in the triple jump. Nina Duggan came in eighth in the long jump, while Ami Douglas placed ninth in the javelin. Salome Bandres finished tenth in the high jump. Arianna Abreu, Olympia Koumoutsaki, Sparta Koumoutsaki, Mikayla Ryan, Jeannelle Jonca, Anikanylah Michel, Kennedy Coleman, Eva Wen, and Michele Hirn all participated in helping the girls finish 14th overall.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Margate Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.182 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Athletes Place Third in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.18Marjory Stoneman Douglas Water Polo Closes Regular Season With Senior Night
- News2023.03.17MSD Graduate Jesus Luzardo Records Win for Team Venezuela in World Baseball Classic
- News2023.03.153 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Basketball Players Selected to BCAA All-Star Game