By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas tennis teams defeated Cardinal Gibbons High School on Wednesday in their final match before spring break.
This is also the first season for Head Coach Gabriel Matteazi, who recently was at Coral Glades.
The boys picked up their first win with a 6–1 victory over the Chiefs. MSD also won four singles matches and victories in both number one and two doubles. MSD lost their first three matches against Pembroke Pines Charter, St. Thomas Aquinas, and Cypress Bay High School, with the Eagles winning number two and three singles.
The girls’ recorded their third win of the season against Cardinal Gibbons High School 6-1. They also won four singles matches and recorded victories in both doubles matches. Their only loss came against Pembroke Pines Charter, and they combined to beat St. Thomas Aquinas and Cypress Bay High School 9-3.
Next, both teams are set to face South Broward High School on April 4. The Bulldogs boys are 5-0 this year, while the girls are 2-3.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Shows Resilience Despite Setback: Gears Up for the Anticipated Pig Bowl Showdown
- NewsSeptember 22, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Swim Records Wins Over Monarch and Northeast
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Volleyball Moves to 10-1 With Senior Night Win
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Soccer Star Gianna Rizzo of Marjory Stoneman Douglas Announces College Pick