By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas golfer Ryan Shimony had the opportunity of a lifetime to compete at two iconic courses in California at the Pure Insurance Championship with professional golfer Cliff Kresge on Sept. 25.
The duo played the best ball between the two players finishing in 25th at (-4). They shot a 69 in the first round and then a 71 the following day at Pebble Beach and Spyglass Hill.
“The experience was amazing from the day I got there to the day it ended,” said Shimony. “It was something that I will never forget. Those are by far the two nicest courses that I’ve ever played. This is an experience that I will never forget.”
Shimony is currently a junior on the Marjory Stoneman Douglas golf team. He recently shot a 75 in the Maverick Invitational, where the Eagles finished third in a competition with 17 teams.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.02.07Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Advances to Regional Semifinals
- News2023.02.07Parkland Pokers’ Evan Stramanak Wins Perfect Game ‘Player of the Year’
- News2023.02.06Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Team Wins 1st Playoff Game
- News2023.02.04Marjory Stoneman Douglas Cheerleading Team Finishes 3rd in State Championship