By: Sharon Aron Baron
Don’t miss an evening of Meatballs & Martinis all while being a champion for cancer research at this year’s Greater Broward Pap Corps Welcome Back event.
Cancelled in September due to Hurricane Irma, the event was rescheduled for Friday, October 20, 2017 from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m., where guests can enjoy drinks and appetizers while learning about the upcoming fundraising programs.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research is one of the largest, grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 21,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Since 1952, The Pap Corps has donated almost $60 million dollars.
The Greater Broward Chapter has contributed close to $200,000 since its inception. In 2010, the Greater Broward Chapter began with approximately 20 members. During the past six years, membership has increased by more than 900 percent as the chapter expanded its membership to over 250 men and women in the Parkland, Coral Springs and Coconut Creek area.
The event takes place at the Heron Bay Commons at 6100 Heron Bay Boulevard Coral Springs FL 33076. To register for the event go to Pap Corps Broward.
Annual membership fees are $40.00 with more opportunities to take part in upcoming fundraising events.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.09.16911 Dispatcher Recognized After Saving Life of Parkland Woman
- News2021.09.15Selection Committee Chooses Developer for Former Heron Bay Golf Course
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.11Marjory Stoneman Douglas JROTC Hold 20th Commemoration Ceremony for 9/11