By Sharon Aron Baron
There is just something so undeniably wonderful about a big bowl of hot, creamy, gooey macaroni and cheese.
The fast-casual cheese bar, I ? Mac & Cheese, which debuted last year in Fort Lauderdale is opening up three new restaurants, including one in Parkland.
I ? Mac & Cheese specializes in custom, build-your-own macaroni & cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches starting at $7.95. Diners can choose from a variety of pastas or bread, including gluten-free, along with seven different types of cheeses, vegetables and seven proteins ($2.95 each) like meatballs, bacon, ground beef, short ribs and crispy chicken.
“Bringing our twist on the old pastime mac and cheese has really been a labor of love,” said Hector Gonzalez, Fort Lauderdale store manager. “I’ve loved mac and cheese since I was a kid. Who doesn’t love mac and cheese?”
There is also a signature menu featuring options such as The Cuban with mojo marinated pulled pork, ham, Gruyere cheese and dill pickles; The Best of Both Worlds, a baked mac and cheese sandwich with slow-cooked short rib, white cheddar cheese and American cheese finished with BBQ Sauce; and Lobster & White Truffle consisting of Maine lobster, muenster cheese and scallions finished with lobster cream and white truffle oil.
Also on the menu: salads, baked bites ($4.95) filled with chicken and macaroni and cheese. Loaded baked tater tots are stuffed with cheese, bacon, scallions and ranch sauce. New to the menu are frozen cheesecake pops ($2.45) dipped in strawberry, chocolate or caramel sauce, cheesecake in a cup and mini chocolate chip cookies.
The first I ? Mac & Cheese restaurant opened in Fort Lauderdale at 1489 SE 17 St. and the Parkland location is slated to open in the Parkland Commons on University and Trails End Road. Next up comes Pembroke Pines around November 20 at Westfork Plaza, then in mid-December, they will open one in Coral Springs at University Place at City Center on University Drive South of Sample Road.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.10.19Orange Ribbons for Jaime Holds 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.10.03Not My Daughter…Find a Cure Now! Holds 2nd Annual Telethon
- News2021.09.28Orange Ribbons for Jaime Launches 2nd Annual Nationwide ‘Dance-A-Thon’ Fundraiser
- News2021.09.27Heron Bay Board Holds Town Forum on Golf Course Development