By: Sharon Aron Baron
Motorcyclists will ride in the memory of school shooting victim Meadow Pollack in a new date set for the “Ride for Meadow” event after being rained out over Memorial Day.
Held on Saturday, June 2, the event will kick-off at Mickey’s Tiki Bar in Pompano Beach and end at the 27 Bar and Lounge where there will be a fundraiser, along with live entertainment, food, drink, auction items and raffles.
The event will honor Andrew Pollack’s daughter, Meadow, and the 16 other victims of the Parkland school shooting. Pollack, a Coral Springs resident, created a nonprofit called Americans for Class. His mission is to keep children safe in schools with an eight point plan including securing all perimeters and placing more armed guards throughout schools.
Check-in time is 9:30 a.m. with a complimentary breakfast and other activities, followed by a 11:00 a.m. service hosted by Sunrise Chapel.
Donations for the ride will be a $20 minimum donation with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the building of the “Princess Park Memorial” in memory of the victims.
The ride begins at 350 SW 12th Ave, Pompano Beach, Florida 33069 and ends at 835 NE 3rd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Register for Ride for Meadow
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2022.01.17New Site for Monoclonal Antibody Treatments Opening at Markham Park
- News2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’ in Boca Raton
- News2022.01.16Pets of the Week: Sheba and Bucky Are Ready to Meet a New Family
- News2022.01.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Goes on Lockdown After Individual Runs Onto Campus