By: Matt Rothman
Despite coming in with a record of 26-1, the North Broward Prep basketball team was ranked second in the District Tournament.
The Eagles put up a valiant effort against top-seeded Calvary Christian Academy, and despite falling by two points, NBP qualified for Regionals for the third straight season.
The Eagles, who have players from Parkland and Coral Springs, are led by Justin Abson. The Appalachian State commit is averaging a double-double with 15.4 points per game and 10.5 rebounds.
Guilherme Teach is the teams leading scorer, while NBP has three other players averaging at least nine points in Michael Kalina, Adren Roberts, and Maximus Fuentes.
This season, the lone other loss came to Westminster Academy on February 2 after starting the season 23-0. Next, the Eagles will play in Regionals when they head on the road to face Killian High School on Thursday, February 17, at 7 p.m.
Killian comes in as the four seed with a record of 16-8 and beat St. Brendan High School 60-54 in the District Final.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.05.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Wins Regionals Championship Behind Clemente’s 3 Run Homer
- News2022.05.172 Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Players Make Their Commitment Official
- News2022.05.17Marjory Stoneman Douglas’ Kyanne Meredith Ties Personal Best in State Championships
- News2022.05.14Marjory Stoneman Douglas Baseball Records Wild Regional Win in District Championship Rematch