By Ryan Yousefi
A man who hatched a daring plan to steal a golf cart now faces charges of grand theft auto.
According to records, a man, later identified as Richard Pitre, 48, of Hollywood, allegedly stole the golf cart just after distracting an employee attempting to help him.
The arrest report shows Pitre approached a staff member at the club and inquired about the availability of gas cans to assist a friend stranded on the side of the road.
As the employee left the area to find a gas can, Pitre reportedly hopped into a golf cart at the club and drove off at a high rate of speed.
The club staff immediately reported the incident, and deputies began a search of the area.
Deputies were soon able to locate Pitre, as the Margate Police Department reportedly found him behind the wheel during a traffic stop on State Road 7.
Pitre was later identified by the staff member, then arrested and transported to the BSO Main Jail.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsOctober 2, 2023Kol Tikvah Invites Women to Rosh Chodesh Celebration on October 3
- NewsOctober 1, 2023The Greater Pap Corps Hosts 7th Annual Golf For A Cure to Benefit Cancer Research
- NewsSeptember 30, 2023Parkland Promotes Physical Activity with 27th Annual National Walk & Roll to School Day on October 4
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Parkland Charter School Reinstates Principal After High-Profile Gun Scandal