By: Sharon Aron Baron
To show their appreciation for the big box stores that made firearm safety a priority, mothers of Parkland victims want to thank them and encourage others to spend money there for Mother’s Day.
Fred Guttenberg, father of Parkland victim Jaime announced on Twitter a nationwide “Shop-In” at both Dicks Sporting Goods and Walmart for being the first to step up for common sense gun safety.
The post asks everyone to shop at the stores on Saturday, May 12. Since the day will be a devastating one after their loss, they ask to please help turn the weekend into a positive one.
On February 28, Walmart raised the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age and Dick’s Sporting Goods ended all sales of assault-style rifles in its stores as well as raise the age to purchase firearms to 21.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2019.07.10Humane Society Searching for Volunteers to Help the Animals in Their Care
- News2019.07.06Broward County Public Schools Official 2019/2020 Calendar
- News2019.06.28Florida League of Cities Recognizes Parkland Mayor as ‘Home Rule Hero’
- News2019.06.27Broward Commissioner Earns Advanced County Commissioner Designation