By: Sharon Aron Baron
To show their appreciation for the big box stores that made firearm safety a priority, mothers of Parkland victims want to thank them and encourage others to spend money there for Mother’s Day.
Fred Guttenberg, father of Parkland victim Jaime announced on Twitter a nationwide “Shop-In” at both Dicks Sporting Goods and Walmart for being the first to step up for common sense gun safety.
The post asks everyone to shop at the stores on Saturday, May 12. Since the day will be a devastating one after their loss, they ask to please help turn the weekend into a positive one.
On February 28, Walmart raised the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age and Dick’s Sporting Goods ended all sales of assault-style rifles in its stores as well as raise the age to purchase firearms to 21.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Crime & Safety2020.09.17Stolen Vehicle and Phone Scam this week in Parkland Crime
- News2020.09.15C.A.R.E. South Florida Holds Kick-Off Event Supporting Small Business
- Crime & Safety2020.09.11Owners of 3 Stolen Vehicles in Parkland Left Key Fobs Inside
- News2020.09.10Coral Springs Police Officers Foundation Announce their 2020 Scholarship Winners