By Sharon Aron Baron
According to a new study, Parkland has been named one of the most affluent cities of its size in America.
Business insurance resource, AdvisorSmith, reports Parkland ranks number 16 among the top 25 cities between 30,000 and 50,000 residents in their published study “Most Affluent Small Cities in America.”
After categorizing small cities based on their population, their data shows the median household income in Parkland is $154,844, while the median income for the top 50 cities between 30,000 and 50,000 residents is $137,983.
California had the most cities in this population range, with 16 cities among the most affluent. Virginia had six, and Maryland had four.
What’s most exciting is that Parkland is the only Florida city on the list.
|24||Rancho Palos Verdes||CA||$138,557||42,030|
|27||El Dorado Hills||CA||$137,726||46,593|
|41||Fair Lawn borough||NJ||$123,159||33,017|
|45||Rancho Santa Margarita||CA||$121,017||48,503|
AdvisorSmith used data from the 2019 U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey on median household income and population rankings.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2021.04.08Gov Demands End to Cruise No-Sail Order: Announces Lawsuit against Federal Government, CDC
- News2021.04.07Parkland Crime Update Through April 5
- News2021.04.065th Annual Orchid and Plant Festival Held at the Sawgrass Nature Center in Coral Springs
- News2021.04.06Rep. Ted Deutch on the Death of Alcee Hastings: ‘I’m Heartbroken at the Passing of my Dear Friend’