By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Greater Broward Pap Corp was presented with a generous check from a local organization at their sold-out Super Bowl Tailgate Party.
On Friday evening, the Parkland nonprofit Not My Daughter…find a cure now! presented a check for $30,000 towards cancer research. Since their inception in 2010, has donated 100 percent of their proceeds to breast cancer research-based organizations.
The Pap Corps, Champions for Cancer Research is one of the largest, grassroots fundraising organizations in South Florida with more than 50 chapters and 21,000 members, all dedicated to supporting research for all types of cancer at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
The event, which included Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine and Parkland Mayor Christine Hunschofsky, featured a barbecue dinner and open bar for the over 100 in attendance.
Since 1952, The Pap Corps has donated almost $60 million dollars. The Greater Broward Chapter includes members from Coral Springs, Parkland, Coconut Creek, Plantation, Boca and Tamarac.
Greater Broward’s next event will be “Yoga for Hope & Healing” Saturday, February 24 at Evolution Yoga in Coconut Creek. Sign up here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.09.23Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste October 3
- News2020.09.21Parkland Mayor Hunschofsky Elected to Florida State House after Challenger Drops Out
- News2020.09.20Parkland Talk Interviews Stacy Kagan and Rich Walker: Candidates for Parkland Mayor
- Crime & Safety2020.09.17Stolen Vehicle and Phone Scam this week in Parkland Crime