By: Sharon Aron Baron
After springing into action following the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, organizers of Carts 4 A Cause is rebuilding used golf carts and raffling them to help local causes.
Founders and Parkland residents, Ethan Behm and Dylan Parcheta, were determined to help the community heal. This time, they organized an event to benefit Parkland Buddy Sports during the Mild to Wild Car Show on December 7.
Behm said they are excited to be once again able to give back to the community and have a big surprise for Parkland Buddy Sports at the event.
“We have been humbled by the opportunity to donate the proceeds from our raffled golf carts at events held in benefit of Meadow’s Movement, Orange Ribbons for Jaime, and Make Our Schools Safe,” said Behm, who is a sophomore at North Broward Preparatory School and Parcheta, a freshman at Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
Parkland Buddy Sports, a nonprofit like Carts 4 A Cause, provides quality sports programs for children and young adults with special needs in an empowering, challenging, and loving environment where the emphasis is on having fun, making friends, and realizing their full potential.
The sports programs consist of football, soccer, basketball, running, tennis, kickball, golf, and yoga are provided free of charge to everyone, including children from all over Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach Counties.
The City of Parkland, which has supported the program since 2002, provides all of the fields and courts. All funds raised by the 100 percent volunteer organization go directly back into the program and provide the participants with equipment, uniforms, and trophies, as well as providing water, ice, and first aid for the sporting events, the end of season celebration, and special event costs for their annual golf tournament and Valentine’s Day Dance.
The Mild to Wild Car Show will have over 60 cars attending, live music, and food trucks. Held on Saturday, December 7, 2019, from 4 p.m.- 8 p.m. Tickets available here. Pine Trails Park is located at 10555 Trails End, Parkland, FL 33076.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. she has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- Events2020.01.28Parkland Holds Next Hazardous Waste Drop-Off on February 1
- News2020.01.28University of Alabama Names Parkland Residents to Dean’s and President’s List
- Crime & Safety2020.01.27New Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department Chief Named
- News2020.01.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Calls Code Yellow After Dangerous Suspect in Vicinity