By Ryan Yousefi
The Parkland Friends of the Library has announced an event sure to raise the pinkies of all tea connoisseurs.
The Parkland Friends of the Library invites residents for a Membership Tea Party on Saturday, September 9, from 11:20 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Parkland Library, located at 6620 North University Drive.
The free-of-charge Membership Tea Party will feature a spread of scones, bite-sized sandwiches, and an assortment of fancy teas to energize attendees while listening to guest speakers invited to educate guests about the rich world of tea traditions.
Two guest speakers are set to attend the team party and help share their insights on tea culture from around the globe.
Akihiko, a prominent expert from the Morikami Museum, will highlight the cultural connections between Zen Buddhism and Japanese tea ceremonies spanning five centuries.
Also on hand will be Sir Chris Skillicorn, from the Isle of Man, who will cover the differences between afternoon tea versus high tea, tracing the historical roots of these cherished British traditions.
Members are encouraged to RSVP for this event by contacting Barbara, the event coordinator, by phone at 954-461-1424 or by emailing her at email@example.com.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Register Now for the 3rd Annual ‘Make Our Schools Safe’ Golf Classic
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Broward County School Board Chair Lori Alhadeff Invites Community to Educational Resource Event
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland Buddy Sports Launches 12th Annual 8-Week Running Buddies Program
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Parkland’s Parents Night Out Includes Halloween Bounce Party for Kids October 6