By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas top bowler Masen Purcell had a terrific District Championship and automatically qualified for States.
While his team did not make it, Purcell had one of the two top scores for players that were not on winning teams.
While only Archbishop Mcarthy High School and J.P. Taravella advanced as a team, Purcell will be going individually after bowling a 203, 230, and 238 in his three rounds.
Heading into the States, he has knocked over 5,152 pins with a high score of 247. He also led the team to 21 wins competing against many talented schools in Coral Springs.
Purcell will have the chance to bowl in the State competition starting on Tuesday, November 2, in Orlando at the Boardwalk Bowl Entertainment Center.
For the rest of the team, Vincent Ryan Terpstra and Vincent Ciullo each knncked down over 4,200 pins this season. Qiyi Chen bowled in 17 matches and averaged a 135, while Manahil Kashif and Kristina Lee also participated in 33 matches combined.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Wins 16th Basketball Game
- News2022.01.28Marjory Stoneman Douglas Soccer Advances to Another District Final
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boys Basketball Picks Up 15th Win on Senior Night
- News2022.01.24Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Basketball Finishes Regular Season With Senior Night Win