By Sharon Aron Baron
Next Stop Broadway’s The Academy announces its 2023-2024 season, ushering in a plethora of acting, singing, and dance classes for students in Grades K-12.
The school-year program located in Coral Springs is designed to allow each budding artist to thrive in their training, get personally involved, garner individual attention, and experience the glitz and glamour of show business.
Starting on Monday, September 11, The Academy runs until April 2024. Students will showcase their skills in full-scale Broadway-style productions and recitals on a professional stage.
The Academy Broadway Series
Pioneered with an independent study format, The Academy ensures students can soar and hone their skills seamlessly. The curriculum involves intensive classes, interactive workshops, and hands-on rehearsals in three primary areas: music, dance, and acting.
Every student is assured a role, whether a lead, supporting, or ensemble part, aligning with their current capabilities as they carve their unique style.
The results are evident as students employ techniques, culminating in a riveting performance of a full-scale Broadway-style show at the season’s end — a testament to their perseverance and dedication.
Here’s a sneak peek into the productions:
- High School Musical: Catered to Grades 4-7. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Legally Blonde: Designed for Grades 8 and above. Mondays, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m.
The Academy Ensemble Classes
Professional guidance helps build confidence and self-worth in students while mastering entertainment intricacies. The fun isn’t sidelined either, as every class promises engagement for all age groups in Grades K-12 and climaxes with a recital at the end of the season.
Some highlights include:
- NSB Juniors: Grades K-2, Thursdays, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Performance Dance: Grades 2-5, Tuesdays, 4 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- Production Dance: Grades 6 and above, Tuesdays, 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Singing Superstars: Grades 3-5, Wednesdays, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Acting & Improv: Grades 3-5, Wednesdays, 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
The Academy NSB Players
A fresh addition, the NSB Players aims to transport young actors in Grades 6 and up into the theatre world. It’s not just about acting but about diving deep into character development, script analysis, and honing acting prowess. The climax? A one-act performance at the season’s end, with the play selected after the class’s commencement, ensuring roles suitable for every participant. In short: a professional theatre experience.
- NSB Players: Grades 6 and up, Wednesdays, 7 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Registrations are set to go live on Monday, August 21, and can be accessed online at The Academy. Classes meet at the Coral Springs Center of the Arts at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Four from Marjory Stoneman Douglas Named 2024 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- NewsSeptember 21, 2023Demolition Set for Marjory Stoneman’s Douglas 1200 Building Next Summer
- NewsSeptember 6, 2023Congregation Kol Tikvah Welcomes Members, Loved Ones for the High Holy Days
- NewsAugust 30, 2023Meet Monte and Dexter, Pets in Need of Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County